We believe that it is our responsibility and our privilege to work to improve the communities in which we live and work.
We completed a digital library and school in a small town in Northern Ethiopia, partnering with a local non profit called Making the Grade.
MCN Build has completed 10 projects in Lebanon and five additional projects are underway.
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Washington DC
Our impact starts in our own backyard where we partner with schools, non-profits, churches, and other organizations throughout the greater Washington DC and Baltimore areas to make meaningful change.
Our giving extends to our talent and time. We have developed volunteer opportunities with countless organizations, including Wreaths across America, She Builds, Capitol Hill Ministries, DC Central Kitchen, Bread For the City, Boys Town, St. Ann’s Children’s School, and others.
MCN Bridges Program
The MCN Build Foundation advocates job creation in construction through the MCN Bridges program. We find candidates, develop resumes and skills, and connect them with contractors in the area.
MCN STEM Program
MCN offers field trips for classrooms across the city. Our hands-on trips can supplement lessons in math, engineering and highlight future career opportunities in STEM.
We are proud to support a network of organizations here in DC, including:
Our first project in Ethiopia was the modernization of the cancer ward at Black Lion Hospital, where we rebuilt the pediatric oncology center in order to create a safer and cleaner environment.
Following this project, we formed a few houses in the small town of Lalibela and the Capital City of Addis Ababa. Today, 8 children who lost their parents are attending primary and secondary school, and five students have received scholarships for college in the capital.
In 2016, we self-performed building a digital library in the rural town of Shumshiha. The library has access to a network of 20,000 books, laptops, internet access and classrooms for the adjacent High School. The plans were done by our friends at Cox, Graae and Spack and we sent our employees to finish the build-out in just 18 weeks!
Most recently, the Foundation has helped the Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNWEA) raise over $50,000 for vital school programs throughout Ethiopia. These efforts help give rural children safe access to education, supporting more than 2,160 girls and boys in some of the most impoverished areas of Ethiopia. These schools include:
- St. Raphael School for the Blind, Gondar
- St. Joseph School, Kobo
- St. Teresa School, Wassera
- St. Joseph School, Taza
- Franciscan Missionaries of Mary School, Asebe Teferi
We look forward to continue building libraries, community and capacity in Ethiopia.
MCN Build partners with Education and Opportunities for Lebanon (EOL) – a nonprofit that serves underprivileged school children throughout Lebanon – to complete projects that help children around the country. The partnership has completed 10 projects in Lebanon and five additional projects are underway.
- Blankets for children in Mrouz
- Following a cold winter, 150 children were in desperate need of blankets at a boarding school in Mrouz
- Renovation and Expansion of the School and Children’s home in Beit Habbak
- Our largest project to date, this school and orphanage was in need of repairs, renovations, expansion of the classrooms, waterproofing and other improvements
- Salhieh Saida
- This children’s home supports 114 children, and this project rebuilt a wall that was in immediate need of repair to keep the children safe.
- Bkerzla Saint Moura
- EOL and MCN helped to provide playground equipment, toys, and a photocopier to a school of 235 students at this local school in North Lebanon
- Debel Saint Joseph
- In an area that was heavily affected by the civil war, we helped to provide a laboratory and equipment for a local school.
- Saghbine Bekaa Saint Anthony
- MCN funded a digital library in this agricultural village, providing 14 computers and the necessary software for children in the local school
- Klayaa Saint George
- 150 students live here along the Israeli-Lebanon border. EOL and MCN partnered to help provide a filtered water system and repair the piping at the local school.
MCN Build has also partners with Teach for Lebanon (TFL)—an organization that helps education inequity in Lebanon—to fund teachers in Lebanon.
The three partners of MCN Build, Rudy Seikaly, Bassem Boustany and Joseph Khoury, all hail from Lebanon and its our priority to help the places we call home and the areas most in need of aid. Its our responsibility and vision for the world.